To be the leading advocate for public’s rights to access and use of information for national development and global engagement.
To provide leadership in LIS profession in advocating for information services in support of;
- National and international development;
- Collaborative initiatives to strengthen library and information science related communities;
- Public policy formulation and implementation
- Professional growth of members; and
- Promoting information access and use.
- Commitment; ULIA members and leadership are dedicated to uplift the LIS profession in Uganda and to contribute to the international LIS agenda. It maintains a team spirit by harnessing respect, positive attitude and open mindedness while executing her mandate.
- Transparency; ULIA upholds to share information and to be accountable to members on all her operations and activities.
- Integrity; ULIA strives to be accountable to the highest standards of professional ethics. It fosters an environment where members treat each other with the highest degree of honor and respect.
- Innovativeness; ULIA is continuously scanning and monitoring the changing landscape of LIS to proactively prepare to meet these challenges.